Sunday, August 2, 2009

oh oh I think I'm growing up

I had amazing conversation with old Nicky boy the other day that has touched me and made me think. I don't even know how we got on the subject but we had a conversation about Judging people.

He Pretty much summed up the whole conversation with one sentence :

"Has it ever occurred to you that beauty can only be defined if we think that something is ugly"

This statement is completely true.

I always thought that I was one of those people that didn't really think want around Judging People. I prided myself on saying that I don't judge People's actions or I wouldn't care what they looked like.

When he said this to me, I thought back to all the times I was like, "oh he's hot, " or " she's really beautiful"and that is Judging. Then I think about all the other Opposites life-death, short-tall, and the famous good-Evil.

You can't have one with out the other. We wouldn't know anything about Good People if there weren't bad people in the world. Opposites are simply judgments made by the human minds




I think that the rose does not think it's prettier then the daisy? The trees,flowers, and animals don't go around knowing anything of ugliness or beauty, They simply are.......

People look the way they look, Judging them is not in any way necessary or helpful.

Beauty maybe in the eye of the beholder but why must we do that at all?

This is why old NIcky boy is called that, he has such a old soul trapped in his young body....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Last night I drank only 2 glasses of Vodka before I went to bed before midnight. I then realized hell I'm getting old.

My one cousin came to the beach with his girlfriend and we get along very well, we all have so much fun. Even they said that they are disapointed in me.... I use to be able to hold my own. Get up and and do it all over again!!!

I guess at 31 it's catching up with me, all threw the night before I went to bed i was yawning, I couldn't stay awake. I kept thinking "god I want to go to bed" and the drinks were so strong but usually it didn't bother me.

Little Kim from Mechanicsburg Pa keeps texting me and asking if I was back yet...Last night I just text her and asked her what was wrong. Sigh she wouldn't answer.

I'm not molded to fit in that town, these People there need to understand that. They are perfectly happy with how they and that place is and that fine . But there's a hole world out there.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanks for the scintillating post, that's 2 minutes of my life that I'll never get back

Heather said...

scin·til·late (sntl-t)
v. scin·til·lat·ed, scin·til·lat·ing, scin·til·lates
v.intr.
1. To throw off sparks; flash.
2. To sparkle or shine. See Synonyms at flash.
3. To be animated and brilliant: dinner conversation that scintillated.
v.tr.
To give off (sparks or flashes).
[Latin scintillre, scintillt-, from scintilla, spark.]
scintil·lant adj.
scintil·lating·ly adv.


scintillating
Adjective
(of conversation or humour) very lively and amusing

Thank you,Anonymous, I hope you can find those 2 minutes of your life back because you never waste your life on anything else. Thank you for your opinion and I wish you the best. Take care

midnight watch said...

Anonymous, why so hostile ? you don't like her writing or stories that's fine. You could of least gave some Constructive Comment about how to better it.

I think you should have read her post a little more and learned from not Judging people.

Heather to you it was it the best post though it had some good things about it.You can't win them all.

Heather said...

midnight watch, thank you for your words, I don't want my blog to be a blog that brings Drama, I'm here just to write about my thoughts and such, more for myself. I love that People read them but it's okay if they don't like them or comment on them. Again though thank you and take care

Erica said...

Heather, I have been reading your blogs for years, on this site as well as with others. I'm proud that you do not drink as much anymore. Though I miss those funny blogs you wrote about your adventures. I think you should post them and share.

I think it's funny with Anonymous that he choose to keep his identity a secret. That he didn't put at-least his first name on here. Hiding. As you would say back in the day. " shutt up you stupid Cockshiner, before I hire two Crackheads to break your knee caps"lol I still laugh over that!

Nodami said...

Judge and prepare to be judged hehhehe. You dont know how to be happy when you did not exp how to be sad. So I could conclude that there is no good without evil hehehe. The joker said to the Batman in the Dark Knight " You complete me!!!". Wonderful exp from the old man hehheeh just keep on learning life.

Heather said...

I saw that there was a comment for this post and I was dreading the outcome..lol thank you for it not being a dramatic filled one. lol yes that is a great quote

thank you for stopping by